In Parliament, Haruna Iddrisu sits in Joewise's place but declines to take it.

South Tamale During the House's proceedings on Thursday, February 9, Member of Parliament Haruna Iddrisu chose to sit in the New Patriot Party (NPP) lawmaker for Bekwai and First Deputy Speaker Joseph Osei Owusu (Joewsie).

That came after he turned down the given seat, which belonged to Collins Dauda, a lawmaker from Asutifi South.


He informed Joewise, who was moderating Parliament on Speaker Alban Bagbin's behalf, that he would not accept his senior brother's seat because he is a well-trained individual.

Please excuse me, Mr. Speaker, but I need to take your seat.

"There was debate over whether or not I should succeed Honorable Collins Dauda. I have informed them that since Mr. Collins Dauda is a senior citizen by age—a senior citizen even in this house—I will not be able to sit in his chair. as someone who had quality training at home.

"I'll take any other chair, Mr. Speaker. In a discussion about the Niamey convention, also known as the African Union Convention on Cross-Border Cooperation, he stated, "I am still the elected Member of Parliament for Tamale South.

Haruna Iddrisu, the former minority leader, is not pleased with the new seating arrangement. Collins Dauda, a member from Asutifi South, offered him his seat.

Dr. Cassiel Ato Forson, a lawmaker for Ajumako Enyan Essiam, took Mr. Iddrisu's seat.

Kwame Agbodza and Emmanuel Armh Kofi Buah have taken Muntaka Mubarak's and James Kluste Avedzi's places as the minority chief whip and deputy minority leader, respectively.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post