I’m so excited to be here – US VP Kamala Harris

US Vice President Kamala Harris has stated the expectation that her tour will build on earlier discussions with some of the continent's leaders in supporting peace and security, bolstering democracy and good governance, fostering long-term economic growth, and also expanding commercial connections.

She said upon her arrival at Kotoka International Airport (KIA) on Sunday, March 26, the start of a three-day formal state visit to Ghana, "We have a lot of work ahead of us and again, I'm so very thrilled to be here and I thank you all for the very warm welcome."


Throughout the week, she will also travel to Tanzania and Zambia.

She stated, "We send you greetings on behalf of the President and our entire country, and we look forward to this journey and the very important friendship and partnership between the people of the United States and those who live on the continent of Africa."

"I'm really optimistic about Africa's future. About how the future of Africa will affect the rest of the globe, especially the United States of America, I'm quite optimistic.

She claimed that given the current state of affairs in Africa and the region's youthful median age, she sees tremendous possibility for not just the residents of this continent but also for individuals around the globe.

"The alliance between the people of this continent and those of the United States strengthens the task that we shall carry out jointly. Whether it be dealing with the climate issue, supply chains, or our joint work on international laws and standards. By Sascovibesgh 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post